crescentcityswoon asked: please put that phrase on my gravestone, omg.
Hey! Did you know:
- sex is okay
- so is masturbation
- watching porn won’t make you impure
- one night stands are okay too
- having sex with multiple people doesn’t make you a slut
- even 3-somes or group sex and orgies are a-okay
- sex with the same gender is alright
- not having sex doesn’t make you a prude
- your body your choice no matter your gender
- shaming other people for who they have sex with, how much they have sex, and even their kinks make you NOT okay!
The film “Contact”
I love how this movie is layered with the hypocrisy of modern religion. It shows the various stages ranging from the idealist preacher, to the modern theologian, and finally the silently powerful, political christian coalition. What I find interesting is how all three groups manipulate “the word of god” to insure their own well being through terrorism, political manipulation and finally something as simple as personal gain. The preacher bombs the facility, the theologian doesn’t want Dr. Araway to leave because he loves her, the Christian Coalition who attempts to derail the project from the get go, and finally Dr Drumlin who plays the sympathetic religion card to get the initial bid to represent humanity in it’s first bid to meet alien intelligence. I had always thought this movie about science and a altered look at humanity and how it would react in a situation such as this, but this most recent viewing has led me to believe that Carl Sagan was putting his thumb up to modern religion.
There’s a swing on the edge of a cliff in Ecuador. It has no safety measures and is called the ‘Swing at the End of the World.’
Swing at your own risk!
I wanna try this….
oh fuck off